Thursday, March 15, 2007

So I got my Hebrew name last weekend...

All these visitors from out of town! They are all here to see me get my Hebrew name? I thought I already had a name? Now I need a Hebrew one too? It's so exhausting being Jewish.


So anyway... first Uncle Scott and Uncle Dave came in town (I still don't get where all these "uncles" come from).







I had a really fun time playing Playstation 3 with Daddy and Uncle Dave.






Then, Saturday morning we went over to Grandpa Steve and Nanna Jacquie's for my naming. Uncle Scott insisted on holding me. (probably since I'm so adorable... and humble)
So... then they bring me outside and there's all this comotion and I get to see my GREAT GRANDPARENTS! I'm sooooooooo lucky I have great grandparents. I'm with Great-Grandma Jean and Great Grandpa Harry, and with Great-Grandma Rhoda and Great Grandpa Morris:


















So... then they take me under this tent in Grandpa's back yard and there's this whole ceremony and everything... just for me! =)



I have to admit, I was so excited I cried... a lot. But I was better when Daddy bundled me in his talis as instructed by Rabbi Birnholz (he's so nice). Then Mommy held me and I think I may have fallen asleep for a minute when Rabbi told Mommy to put a drop of sweet wine on my tongue (but don't tell anyone!)

















So I get my Hebrew name, "Avrahamit Rut," named after my Great-Grandma Ruth and Great Grandpa Abraham who I hear were amazing people.
Then I let Scott hold me again so I could take a little nap (which was really nice cuz I also got to hang out with Aunt Allie, Aunt Alicia, and Cousin Madison.








Then I took a bath to wash the CRAZY day away.





Then I got into my jammies and got to hang out with Uncle Scott (who I found out at my Baby Naming is also my Godfather! I'm so lucky!) and Uncle Dave who is very silly.




















Then I chilled out in my boppy...
















...until I got tired and cranky and mommy took me.





OY! What a busy and exciting day. I'm going to have to get an agent to handle all these angagements. But I can deal with that another time. First, I need some beauty sleep (although Daddy says I don't need that cuz I'm already beautfiul). Night night!

7 comments:

Mr. Schwartz said...

What an awesome weekend that was!!! I can't wait for the next visit! Ava is the cutest kid EVER!!!

Camzmommy said...

Whew, Ava, you HAVE been busy! Mozeltov! Now you know where your name comes from. And what a cool ceremony...Your Mommy and Daddy are doing such a great job with you. And how blessed you are to have so much family! I bet they had a hard time waiting their turn to hold you.
Your blog is great...can't wait to see the next post!
P.S. Don't forget your green on Saturday. Everyone is Irish on St. Patty's Day! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's up with the censoring?
--Camden :)

MMullineaux said...

I love this! I can't wait to see Ava! love, Michelle

Camzmommy said...

Happy 2 Months, Ava!
I loved your Passover pictures--looks like you're having a great time! You are getting prettier and prettier every day---you trying to outdo your Mommy? :)

Nonya Bidness said...

OH my Gosh how hilarious. especially the "its so exhausting being jewish" (just imagine if you were orthodox, kid) and the "Im so adorable...and humble".

Can I be her 9,473rd auntie??
Gosh I need to move home.

Anonymous said...

Ava is the cutest damned kid in the world...don't know if I'd let Golen hold her, though (that one picture). Like the commentary too, Ava's a very good writer, considering she can't read and all. Great job mom and dad.